The Vision of Abundance Acres is:
Abundance Acres is a non-profit organization 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization that bears witness to the abundant love of Christ by creating a setting for individuals, families and the community to pause, reflect and refocus their thinking; renewing lives and cultivating relationships between God, creation and each other.
Abundance Acres accomplishes renewing lives and cultivating relationships through two primary means:
- Operating an environmentally and financially sustainable farm:
- that grows nutritious food that is provided to community members through a share arrangement with special considering given to families facing food scarcity.
- Creating a center for individuals, families and youth that provides:
- farm-based education and training in practical life skills, and a setting to explore and cultivate a Christian perspective and understanding of resource stewardship and ways of living with: the land, others and God.
- Bible-based renewal and restoration of relationships through individual, marital and family counseling.
- programs and events that invite neighbors and visitors to engage in community building and spiritual fellowship.
Started in 2013 Abundance Acres is a community ministry located in Andover, VT on Little Pond Road on land set aside for ministry purposes. The farm portion of the outreach is becoming a well established CSA and offers seasonal vegetable shares to the community as a ministry and a way to financially support the organization.
Apart from simply growing crops Abundance Acres will be a center for education, counseling and retreat and hopes to host a variety of community events. Starting in 2016 weekly Family Fun Nights are held throughout the summer, providing a means for the community to gather and families to connect. You you are interested or have questions please contact us!