A summer staple and such a good way to use up tons of fresh basil.
- 2 cups packed tender young basil leaves
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 plump garlic cloves, peeled and crushed with flat blade of a knife
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil, or more to taste
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, or more to taste
- In the bowl of food processor, add basil, pine nuts, salt and garlic. Pulse until mixture is coarse and grainy. With the motor running, add oil in slow, steady stream. Add cheese; process just enough to mix well. If sauce is too dry, add a little more oil. Taste; add more cheese or salt, if desired.