This recipe showcases the wonderful flavor of pesto and is so simple to make.
- Pesto, purchase or make your own following this recipe!
- Salt to taste
- ½ pound small potatoes, sliced about 1/4-inch thick
- ¼ pound tender young green beans, cut into 1-inch lengths
- 1 pound linguini or spaghetti
- Bring 6 quarts water to rolling boil. Add at least 2 tablespoons salt and the potato slices. Cook for about 5 minutes, or until potatoes have started to soften but are not cooked through.
- Add green beans and pasta, and stir. Start testing pasta at 5 minutes. When it is done, and when potatoes and beans are tender, drain and turn pasta and vegetables immediately into hot, buttered skillet. Add pesto, and mix thoroughly, being careful not to crush the potatoes. Serve immediately.
Based on a recipe from: NYTimes