This simple, quick stir fry is a satisfying way to enjoy delicious and crisp bok choy.
We enjoyed it all the more with Blue Oyster mushrooms grown right here in Andover, VT by Little Pond Mushroom Co.
- 1 head bok choy , clean and chopped into bite sized pieces
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 4 blue oyster mushrooms , sliced
- 1 small bunch garlic scapes, sliced into ribbons (or 3 cloves garlic, chopped)
- Hoisin sauce or soy sauce, to taste
- Heat around oil in wok and fry garlic and mushroom slices until garlic turns aromatic and the mushrooms become soft.
- Add bok choy. Fry for around 1 minute until just cooked. Bok choy does not take long to cook and tastes best when just crisp tender.
- Serve with cooked rice. Season to preference.
Recipe adapted from: China Sichuan Food