This recipe is a combination of two, White Chocolate Raspberry Cookies and (quite possibly) the Best Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookie. I might argue that the added flavors of browned butter, almond flour with the white chocolate and raspberry make this cookie amazing all on its own. This gluten free cookie can stand on its own two feet!
- 1 stick butter, 1/2 cup
- 1 tablespoon milk, or almond milk
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1/3 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour (be sure to get one that contains xanthan gum)
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dried raspberries, chopped
- 1 cup white chocolate chunks or chips
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the gluten-free flour, almond flour, baking soda and salt until evenly combined. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Once the butter is melted start to whisk constantly. First the butter will begin to foam, then after a couple of minutes it will begin to brown on the bottom of the saucepan. Turn off the heat as soon as the solids turn brown and the butter gives off a nutty aroma. Pour into a glass mixing bowl to prevent burning.
- Add the milk, brown sugar and white sugar. Whisk to combine. Add the egg and vanilla and whisk until smooth and creamy.
- Using a rubber spatula, mix in the dry ingredients until well combined. Stir in the white chocolate and dried raspberries.
- Cover the bowl and let sit for 30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 350F. Scoop the cookie dough (about 2 Tablespoons of dough per cookie) and place a few inches apart on the baking sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until golden and the center is set.
- Let cool 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to continue cooling. Enjoy!