This recipe is an old family favorite when tomatoes and summer squash are coming in an over abundance from the garden. I am always comforted by the simple flavor and beautiful colors.
· 3 small summer squash/zucchini, sliced
· 3 medium tomatoes, sliced
· 2 cloves garlic, minced
· 3 tablespoons oil
· Salt and black pepper
· Grated cheese as topping (optional)
1. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Layer bottom of pan with sliced summer squash and minced garlic. Cook until just softening, stirring occasionally.
2. Add layer of tomatoes on top of summer squash. Cover, reduce heat to low and cook until tomatoes are softened.
3. Top with grated cheese and allow to melt (Optional). Salt and Pepper to taste. Serve over warm rice.