A farm member shared this recipe with us. It is a wonderful way to use the bounty of fresh lettuce this time of year, and is lovely either hot or cold.
• 2 tablespoons butter
• 1 medium onion, diced
• 4 medium cloves garlic, sliced
• 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
• 8 ounces lettuce, leaves torn if large
• ¼ cup parsley
• Salt and fresh lemon juice to taste
- In saucepan, melt butter until foamy. Add onion and garlic and cook until softened. Add stock and bring to a simmer until vegetables are tender. Add lettuce and parsley and cook until wilted and softened, only a min or two.
- Remove from heat and blend with immersion blender, or transfer to blender. Blend for 3 min, until exceptionally smooth. If soup is too thick, thin with extra stock. Season with salt and just a touch of lemon juice to brighten flavor. Garnish with radish slices and pea shoots and serve warm or chilled.
From: Serious Eats