An easy grilled meal from the garden. You can omit the turkey, and add other vegetables such as eggplant and zucchini. Delicious and savory!
• 8 wooden or metal kebab skewers
• 4 large cloves garlic, minced
• 3 Tbsp. olive oil
• 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
• 1 tsp. ground coriander
• 1 tsp. cumin
• 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper, or to taste
• 1/8 tsp. cinnamon
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
• 1 lb. boneless, skinless turkey breast, cut into bite sized pieces
• 3 medium bell peppers, cut to bite sized pieces
• 16 cherry tomatoes
• 1 small onion, cut to bite sized pieces
• 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
1. Soak wooden kebab skewers in water.
2. Line 2 large rimmed baking pans with foil (1 pan if grilling).
3. In medium mixing bowl, combine garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, coriander, cumin, cayenne pepper, cinnamon and salt and pepper to taste.
4. Marinate turkey, bell pepper, tomatoes and onion in spice mixture. Toss well to coat.
5. Assemble kebabs on skewers.
6. If broiling, position oven cooking rack 6 inches from broiler and turn on high. If grilling, prepare grill.
7. Broil or grill kebabs 6 minutes. Turn kebabs and cook 6-8 minutes or until internal temperature of turkey is 165 degrees F. Serve with yogurt.