A simple summer salad celebrating flavor and texture. Enjoy this salad with any number of meat, fish or main dishes.
- 1/2 celeriac, cut into julienne
- 1 kohlrabi, cut into julienne
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cut into julienne
- 1 tsp chopped chives
- 1 tsp chopped parsley
- 1 tsp shallots or onion, finely diced
- 1 tbsp of mayonnaise
- juice of half a lemon
- An hour before serving, place the julienned celeriac and kohlrabi in a colander or sieve placed over a bowl. Sprinkle with a generous pinch of salt and leave to drain for 1 hour – the salt will help draw out excess moisture.
- After this time, squeeze the vegetables to extract the last of the water then place in a clean bowl with the shredded apple, herbs, mayonnaise and lemon juice.
- Mix together to combine thoroughly so that the celeriac, kohlrabi and apple are lightly coated in the lemon and herb dressing. Serve immediately, or reserve in the fridge until needed.
Recipe from: Great British Chefs