1. Marinate your choice cut of meat in 4 cloves chopped garlic, chopped ginger, rice vinegar, sesame oil and maple syrup. Marinate for 6 hours or overnight.
2. Roast one head garlic and one hot pepper (optional).
3. Place 1-2 Tablespoons raw white rice in skillet. Do not add oil. Lightly toast over low heat. Lightly grind in spice grinder.
4. Grill meat. We prefer medium-rare. Slice thinly.
5. Crush roasted garlic and hot pepper. Toss with grilled meat, chopped mint, toasted rice powder and lemon juice. May add fish sauce to taste.
6. This is typically eaten with sticky rice (glutinous rice). We also enjoyed eating it with Shaved Rhubarb and Radish Salad.