A little hesitant to try rhubarb without drowning it in sugar? You will be pleasantly surprised at how good it is! This salad seems a perfect balance of sweet, sour and a little bit of spice.
• 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
• 2 tsp honey
• 1 Tbsp plus 1 tsp olive oil
• 1 cup thinly sliced or shaved radishes
• 1 cup thinly shaved rhubarb
• 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
• 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro (opt)
• 1/4 roasted pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
• Kosher salt
1. Whisk together vinegar, honey and oil in a medium bowl.
2. Add radish, rhubarb, onion, cilantro and pumpkin seeds, tossing to coat.
3. Taste and season with salt. Enjoy right away or it will also store a day or so in the fridge.
I also tried fusing this salad with Asian flavors. We loved eating it with Laap! Replace apple cider vinegar with rice vinegar, olive oil with sesame oil, red onion with scallions, cilantro with thai basil and pumpkin seeds (pepitas) with sesame seeds. Have you tried it with other flavors? Share below!