Don’t let ‘Healthy’ in the name turn you off! This bread is amazingly moist and full of flavor. We love to use our own maple syrup!
• ⅓ cup melted coconut oil or your favorite kind
• ½ cup honey or maple syrup
• 2 eggs
• 1 cup pumpkin purée
• ¼ cup milk of choice or water
• 1 ½ teaspoons pumpkin spice blend
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• ½ teaspoon salt
• 1 ¾ cups white whole wheat flour
• Approximately 1/2 cup of any combination of your favorite mix-ins. We enjoy raisins and nuts – walnuts, pecans, pumpkin seeds.
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan.
2. In a large bowl, beat the oil and honey together with a whisk. Add the eggs and whisk until blended.
3. Add the pumpkin purée, milk, pumpkin spice, baking soda, vanilla and salt, and whisk to blend. Lastly, switch to a big spoon and stir in the flour, just until combined. Some lumps are ok! If you’re adding any additional mix-ins, gently fold them in now.
4. Pour the batter into your greased loaf pan and sprinkle lightly with cinnamon.
5. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let the bread cool in the loaf pan for 10 min then transfer to cooling rack.
From: Cookie and Kate