Peaches and beets are a perfect combination! Relish summer’s best flavors with this delicious salad.
- 1½ pounds small-to-medium beets
- 4 Cups packed baby spinach or roasted kale
- 4 ripe peaches cut into ½-inch wedges
- 2 Tbs roasted slivered almonds
- 1/2 c olive oil
- 2tbs white vinegar
- 1tbs maple syrup
- 1tsp mustard
- 1/4 salt
- Garlic clove, minced
- Pinch of paprika
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Wash beets and wrap in tinfoil. Roast until tender, 40 to 50 minutes. Cool, peel and cut in 1/2 inch wedges. Toss with dressing (May not need to use all the dressing).
- To assemble the salad, make a bed of greens on a serving platter. Arrange beets and peaches on top with the beets and peaches. Drizzle with additional dressing if needed. Sprinkle with the almonds.