This recipe is a fun summer blend or color and flavor as well as a great way to use up some random last vegetables that got lost in the back of the fridge!
- 1 medium-large zucchini, or summer squash grated
- 1 spring onion/scallion, minced
- 3 small carrots, peeled and grated
- 2 small kohlrabi, leaves removed, peeled and grated
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Combine zucchini, carrots, kohlrabi, and spring onion in a cheese cloth and wring out any excess water. Transfer to a medium mixing bowl.
- Add egg, flour, garlic powder, salt and pepper and mix to coat evenly.
- Add olive oil to cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Once oil is hot enough, drop 1/4 cup of fritter batter into the pan and flatten out with a spatula. Give space between each fritter so they do not touch each other. Cook for a 3-5 minutes on each side, or until golden-brown and crispy.
- Transfer cooked fritters to a paper towel to absorb some oil.