An easy take on a summer classic!
- 1¼ cups white whole-wheat flour
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons cold unsalted butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Whisk whole-wheat flour, all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Cut in butter. Whisk egg, milk and vanilla in a small bowl; add to the dry ingredients and stir with a fork just until the batter comes together.
- Scoop a generous 3 tablespoons batter into each muffin cup. Bake until puffed and golden at the edges, 14 to 18 minutes. Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool for 15 minutes more.
- Break muffin in half and serve with fresh strawberries and whipped cream!
From: Eating Well.com