Welcome Summer! This drink is a perfect way to cool off during the hot summer months. It has been suggested to freeze this recipe into popsicles… haven’t tried it yet, but I think it would be delicious!
- 3 cups fresh rhubarb, cut crosswise in 1/2-inch slices, about 3/4 lb.
- 4 cups cold water
- 1 cup strawberries, frozen (or fresh)
- 1 cup orange juice
- 4 mint sprigs, for garnish
1. In large, stainless steel or other non-reactive saucepan, combine rhubarb and water. Cover and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes. Set aside to steep for 10 minutes.
2. Set large strainer over bowl. Pour contents of pot into strainer and drain liquid into bowl. Discard pulp. Pour liquid, about 4 cups, into jar, cool and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
3. To serve Refresher, Blend rhubarb infusion with strawberries until combined. Pour in orange juice. Add sweetener if desired. Garnish each glass with mint sprig.