Caramelizing cabbage under the broiler draws out its natural sugars and deepens the flavor of the glaze. Preheat the roasting pan to jump-start the browning process.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon whole-grain Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon grated garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 head Chinese (Napa) cabbage, cut lengthwise into quarters
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Place a large roasting pan in oven. Preheat oven and pan to 450°.
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a small bowl.
- Coat cut sides of cabbage with cooking spray. Place cabbage, cut sides down, on preheated pan. Pour chicken stock into bottom of pan and bake 6 minutes. Turn cabbage onto other cut side; bake an additional 6 minutes. Remove pan from oven.
- Heat broiler to high. Brush cabbage evenly with oil mixture; broil 3 minutes or until browned and caramelized.
Original Recipe From: MyRecipes.com