I’ve made this recipe twice in the last week, but it’s been eaten up before I can get a picture! It must be a hit. I have also tried it as a marinade for grilling vegetables (zucchini, green beans and eggplant), which has been nice.
- 1/3 cup chopped pitted kalamata olives
- 1 large shallot or scallion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons whole grain Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound green beans
- Stir together first 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Let stand 10 minutes. Stir in olive oil, and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook green beans in boiling salted water to cover 3 to 4 minutes or until bright and crisp-tender; drain. Plunge beans into ice water to stop the cooking process; drain and pat dry. Toss together beans and olive mixture. Serve at room temperature, or cover and chill up to 2 hours.