- 2 Tbs pickling spice
- 3 C red wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar or champagne vinegar
- 1 tsp whole peppercorn
- 1/2 a lemon juiced
- 4 strips of lemon zest
- 3 tbs white sugar
- Swiss chard stems, cut in bite sized pieces
- Combine all ingredients, except Swiss chard stems, in pot. Boil for 3 min. Remove from heat and let sit for 10 min.
- Pour boiled liquid over Swiss chard stems. Be sure all stems are immersed in the liquid. Cover tightly and let sit at room temperature for 1 hr.
- Store in fridge for a month.