Tokyo Bekana Chinese Cabbage is one of our favorite spring vegetables. Delicious raw or cooked, it add sweet flavor and texture to recipes.
I’ve rewritten this Knisely family recipe to also be gluten-free, by using a variety of nuts instead of dry noodles (as pictured).
- Chop and mix in large salad bowl:
- 1 head Chinese Cabbage or Green Cabbage
- 1/2 head Red Cabbage
- Carrots (grated)
- Red Peppers (if desired)
- Roast in butter till golden:
- 2 pkgs crunched ramen noodles (discard seasoning), or use 1 cup of walnuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds or your favorite kind
- 1 Cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 Cup sesame seeds
- 6 Tbs olive oil
- 6 Tbs rice vinegar
- 5 Tbs soy sauce
- 1 Tbs sugar
- 4 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- Half an hour before serving, toss all three parts together.