Fall is here!
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (packed), light or dark
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup (8-ounce package) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pumpkin or squash purée
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1/4 cup boiled cider (for best flavor) or honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice; or 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon + 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves + 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- To make the streusel: Whisk together the flour, sugar, oats, and salt. Work in the butter, mixing until coarse crumbs form. Set the topping aside.
- To make the filling: Mix together cream cheese, sugar and vanilla.
- To make the batter: Whisk together the pumpkin, eggs, brown sugar, oil, boiled cider, salt, spices, baking powder, baking soda, and milk.
- Add the flour and mix until well combined.
- Drop a scant 2 tablespoons of the batter into each muffin cup lined with papers, spreading it to cover the bottom. Dollop on a heaping tablespoon of filling, then cover with another 2 tablespoons of batter.
- Sprinkle each muffin with some streusel topping.
- Bake the muffins for 18 to 20 minutes.
- Remove the muffins from the oven and cool.
From: King Arthur Flour