Swiss Chard is delicious simply sautéed… nothing more… nothing less. Here the bright greens are paired with a spicy grilled meat and creamy grits. Enjoy!
- 1 bunch scallions, thickly sliced
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 piece (2 inches) fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 jalapeno peppers
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 pork tenderloin (about 3/4 pound)
- 1 bunch Swiss chard, ribs and leaves separated, cut into 2-inch lengths.
- In a blender, combine scallions, vinegar, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, jalapeno, 2 tablespoons oil, thyme, allspice, nutmeg, and 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper. Puree until smooth. Place marinade in a resealable plastic bag. Add pork, turning to coat. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to 24 hours.
- Heat grill to high. Oil grates. Lift pork from marinade. Season with salt. Grill 8 to 10 minutes per side or until an instant-read thermometer registers 145 degrees. Let cool 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, heat remaining oil over medium. Add chard ribs and cook, stirring occasionally until crisp-tender, about 10 minutes. Add leaves, salt, and pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, until tender. Serve with your choice of grits, rice or other grain.
From: Martha Stewart