Wow… what delicious, fresh, summer flavor! Love the broiled tilapia topped with a crunchy radish salad and zingy cilantro-lime sauce! The recipe says to serve in corn tortillas, but I also tried this recipe in fresh, homemade Navajo Fry Bread with summer bean and corn salad as well as the radish salad and salsa verde… the possibilities really are endless. What is your favorite summer taco toppings?
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro (roots and thick stems removed)
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice (from 2 limes)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/2 bunch radishes (about 4 ounces), trimmed, halved, and thinly sliced
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 jalapeno chile (ribs and seeds removed, for less heat), minced
- 1 1/2 pounds skinless tilapia fillets (about 4)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 12 corn tortillas (6 inches each)
1. Heat broiler, with rack set 4 inches from heat. In a blender, combine cilantro, 2 tablespoons lime juice, 2 tablespoons oil, and 2 tablespoons water; season with salt and pepper. Blend until pureed. Set salsa aside.
2. In a small bowl, mix together remaining 2 tablespoons lime juice, remaining tablespoon oil, radishes, scallions, and jalapeno; season with salt and pepper. Set radish salad aside.
3. Place tilapia on a rimmed baking sheet; season with coriander, salt, and pepper. Broil until opaque throughout, 4 to 5 minutes; break up into chunks.
4. Meanwhile, using tongs, hold tortillas over a gas flame until lightly toasted, about 30 seconds per side (or wrap stacked tortillas in damp paper towels, and microwave on high until warm and soft, about 1 minute). To assemble, fill tortillas with fish and radish salad; top with salsa verde and fold.
Source Everyday Food, April 2008