Remember always start your rice or noodles cooking first, then it will be ready when the stir-fry is done.
- Make your sauce. Choose a bottled variety for ease or try one of my favorites: Stir ½ C orange juice, ¼ C soy sauce, 2 Tbs honey, 2 Tbs water, 1 Tbs grated ginger, 1 Tbs scallion, 2 tsp cornstarch and 1 tsp sesame oil in small bowl until blended. Check out some other easy yummy sauces here: Gochujang Sauce, and Mojo Sauce.
- Cut and prepare all your ingredients so they are easily within reach.
- Heat a wok or large frying pan with 1 tablespoon oil. Add the protein (your choice of chicken, pork, steak, shrimp or tofu), cut into bite-size pieces and stir-fry until just cooked, 2 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a large plate.
- Swirl in another 1 tablespoon oil, then add the Longer-Cooking Veggies (such as broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, eggplant, peppers), cut into bite-size pieces. Stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Swirl in 1 more tablespoon oil; add 3 cloves minced garlic and the Quicker-Cooking Veggies (such as cabbage, corn, green beans, kale and tomatoes), cut into bite-size pieces. Stir-fry until the vegetables are tender, 2 to 4 minutes more.
- Return the cooked protein and the sauce to the pan. Cook, gently stirring, until well-coated and hot, 1 to 2 minutes.