A simply delicious hot summer’s day salad! Make ahead and refrigerate for an easy meal.
- 3 cups cooked chickpeas
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups corn kernels
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes or tomatoes, quartered
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh chives or scallions
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lime, juiced and zested
- In a large bowl, combine the chickpeas, onions, corn, tomatoes, basil and chives. Toss well with the salt and pepper. Heat oil and garlic in a small saucepan until the mixture is warm and garlic cloves are sizzling a bit. Add the vinegar, honey, lime juice and zest.
- Pour the liquid over the chickpeas and toss well to coat. Cover and refrigerate before serving. It tastes better as it sits!