- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 large yellow onion, cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 4 cups chopped radish greens
- 6 medium baking potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 4 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Garnish with radish slices
- In a medium stockpot, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in onions, and sauté until transparent, about 4 minutes. Add radish greens, and cook until wilted, about 4 minutes. Add potatoes and chicken stock, and cook, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender, about 35 minutes.
- Working in batches, pass the mixture through a food mill into a medium bowl, or blend in pot with hand-blender. Stir in cream, and season with salt and pepper. For a super creamy result: strain the pureed mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into the original pot. Bring soup just to a simmer over medium heat. Serve garnished.
Source: Martha Stewart Living Television with personal changes made.