- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 bell pepper (any color), cut into four 1/2-inch-thick rings
- 4 large eggs
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan
- 4 slices multigrain bread, toasted
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
In a large cast-iron or nonstick skillet, heat 1 teaspoon oil over medium-high. Add bell pepper, then crack 1 egg into the middle of each pepper ring. Season with salt and pepper and cook until egg whites are mostly set but yolks are still runny, 2 to 3 minutes. Gently flip and cook 1 minute more for over easy. Sprinkle with Parmesan and place each egg on a slice of toast. Toss salad greens with 1 teaspoon oil and season with salt and pepper; serve alongside eggs.
From: Everyday Food, June 2010 on marthastewart.com.